Testosterone is mostly produced during the period of sexual maturation and adulthood and the decrease of its levels is closely related to the process of aging. After the age of 30, the levels of testosterone drop by one percent per year and there is nothing that can stop this process. However, aging is not the only reason why men lack testosterone. In some cases, regardless the age, some bad habits and some diseases can affect negatively the production of this hormone in men. Some of the bad habits and diseases include prostate cancer and thyroid diseases, diabetes and excessive weight, as well as alcohol abuse.
The testosterone deficiency signs that men have to watch for include loss of sexual desire and chronic fatigue, impaired fertility and erectile dysfunction, etc. However, it is not always easy to find out which medical condition causes decrease in testosterone levels. Men should make a special blood test to determine if they have testosterone deficiency or not. They ca, however, normalize their testosterone levels in a natural way by a healthy lifestyle.
Testosterone can be administered by syringes with different kind of esters or with undecanoate capsules. The anabolic steroids are available in both ways – as injections and as capsules. Testosterone is doping substance according to the penal code. However, many athletes and bodybuilders use testosterone to increase their muscle mass and to improve their sports potential. Testosterone doses should be taken in periods that last from several weeks to several months with pauses for a couple of months between them. The dosage should be increased gradually and should be stopped for periods of 1-2 weeks.
The endogenous androgenic hormone testosterone is a male hormone that is produced in the human body. The anabolic steroids are the synthetic derivatives of the testosterone hormone. The drugs are applied for therapeutic purposes and treatment of osteoporosis, as well as for increasing the muscle mass. The abuse can result in some medical and psychiatric conditions like liver damage, cardiovascular disease, infertility and depression.
What is the difference between testosterone and steroids?
Steroids are considered bad for the health mostly because of the illegal steroids and the misusage, and not because of the treatments. One such treatment is the testosterone replacement therapy. This is a common method, which is used for the treatment of men with low testosterone levels. The testosterone that is used in that therapy is a form of anabolic steroid, which is the same that athletes use. The main forms of the testosterone replacement therapy are four:
- Injections – that is the most effective and safe method of the testosterone treatment, which also costs less and has minimal side effects.
- Subcutaneous implant – this testosterone treatment uses a small pellet which is implanted under the skin, and it keeps the testosterone levels elevated. The pallet has to be replaced every four to five months. This testosterone treatment has many side effects such as infection, anxiety, adrenal exhaustion, agitation.
- Transdermal patch – this therapy method gives the body with a stream of testosterone. The patch is placed upper the arm or the scrotum. The side effect of this patch is that it often leads to skin irritation.
- Gels and creams – these are popular testosterone therapies, as they are very effective and very easy to administer. The creams and gels can be applied to the arms or shoulders once or twice a day. Another benefit of the testosterone creams is that they help raising the levels of the good cholesterol.
- Testosterone pills – these pills are often not recommended by doctors as they can have side effects on the liver.
Many users consider the testosterone therapy as just another way of steroid usage. But is it so?
The drugs which are used by the testosterone therapy users and the steroid users are very similar as they both contain forms of testosterone. The difference is in the dosage and the reason for usage. The testosterone replacement therapy doses are created to keep the levels of the testosterone in the normal range, while the steroid doses are used to push the user to the high levels or the supra-physiological range of testosterone. Both the testosterone replacement therapy and the steroids usage have side effects, but the anabolic steroids side effects can be dangerous for the life of the user. Some of the side effects of the anabolic steroids include infertility, breasts development, impotence, prostate enlargement, shrunken testicles, increased bad cholesterol and decreased good cholesterol, liver abnormalities, high blood pressure, depression and heart problems. The anabolic steroids are illegal in many countries and they are taken without medical supervision. The testosterone replacement therapy is a legal medical procedure implemented under supervision and will minimal side effects.
Testosterone Supplements Efficacy
The efficacy of the testosterone supplements depends on their brands and formulas. The best efficacy is possible if the supplements are combined with physical activity, diet plan, better sleep quality and decreased levels of stress. The benefits of the testosterone booster supplements include effective muscle growth, competitive spirit and better focus, increased sexual potency and enhanced male fertility. The testosterone supplements are ideal for those who go through a restrictive regimen.
The testosterone boosters are muscle-building doping and can increase the sex life, the general health condition and charisma. Which are the best testosterone boosters fro 2019?
- TestoMax – it has effective ingredients similar to anabolic steroids. It maximizes the nitrogen retention and brings the anabolic state to the highest level. It also decreases the cholesterol levels, maintains the immune system and prevents the cardiovascular disorders.
- TestoGen - an innovative product with a high potential to seriously change the testosterone status.
- TestRX – ideal for athletes, offering healthy fat burning. The drug normalizes the testosterone levels and improves the workout performance.
- HGH-X2 - this supplement naturally contributes to the human growth hormone (HGH) release. It stimulates the pituitary gland to release a higher amount of HGH. The supplement results in effective elimination of fat deposits, acceleration of muscle repairing process and lean muscle growth. The human growth hormone improves protein synthesis, activates the muscle building process, and makes the body get rid of excessive fat.
- D-Bal – the drug helps the muscle cells keep a higher amount of nitrogen. The drug improves the protein metabolic rate, facilitates muscle size enlargement and recharges the muscle strength.
Testosterone is a very powerful hormone, which has a string impact on the body functions. The uncontrolled intake can lead to serious health problems, however the legal and proper use is save for the body. The boosters are not forbidden in sport, as they are natural supplements, which contain reliable and safe ingredients. Those boosters are very popular among the athletes as they help them improve their sports performance and muscle development.
How to increase testosterone
Testosterone is the main male sex hormone; however, it is also important for women. The hormone plays an important role in fat loss and muscle growth. The testosterone levels in men nowadays are lower than ever and this is due to the unhealthy lifestyle we have now.
The testosterone boosters are natural supplements that can increase the levels of the testosterone. These boosters increase the testosterone or work to prevent the testosterone from being converted into estrogen. Which are the testosterone boosting supplements that work best at the moment?
- D-Aspartic Acid is a natural amino acid that can boost the low testosterone levels by increasing the follicle-stimulating hormone and the luteinizing hormone. This acid can improve the production and quality of sperm and can increase the muscle mass
- Vitamin D – this is a fat-soluble vitamin which is produced in the skin when it is exposed to sunlight. By increasing the vitamin D in the body, the testosterone is boosted and the sperm quality is improved. Researches show that Vitamin D is important for increasing the testosterone levels and should be taken, especially if the levels of vitamin D are low.
- Tribulus is an herb, which when used increases the testosterone levels and improves the sex health and drive. The herb is beneficial for those with low testosterone levels and impaired sexual function.
- Fenugreek - this is an herb-based testosterone booster, which reduces the enzymes that convert the testosterone into estrogen. Athletes that take the substance experience increased strength and better fat loss. It also increases the libido and the sexual performance.
- Ginger – this household spice has been an important substance in the alternative medicine. It reduces inflammation, boosts the testosterone levels and has other health benefits including increase in the testosterone levels.
- Dehydroepiandrosterone of DHEA is a hormone that occurs naturally within the body. It boosts the testosterone and controls the estrogen levels. DHEA is banned for usage in the professional sports. The non-professional athletes can take around 100 mg, which is the safe and effective daily dosage.
- Zinc – this essential mineral is an aphrodisiac which is involved in more than a hundred chemical processes in our bodies. It is also associated with the testosterone levels. Zinc is very effective in those that have low testosterone and zinc levels and for those who are in a stressful training.
- Ashwagandha – this herb is used in the ancient Indian medicine and it helps the body handle the anxiety and stress. The herb increases the strength and the fat loss, it improves the exercise performance and boosts the testosterone levels.
Some foods also increase the testosterone levels and do so naturally. Among them are tuna and oysters, egg yolk and shellfish, olive oil and coconut, avocado and pomegranate, garlic, milk and cereals, Brazil nuts and beans, cruciferous vegetables. These foods are rich in vitamin D, zinc, selenium, different minerals, vitamins, micronutrients.
Testosterone side effects
- Hormonal disturbances – these are caused when anabolic steroids and excessive levels of testosterone. In men this results in suppressed endogenous hormone production and structural shrinking in the hormone producing organs and glands. In women, the usage of anabolic steroids and testosterone cause reduction of the breast size, growth of body hair, skin problems, lowering of the voice.
- Mental disorders – the central nervous system is also affected. Some 30 % of the people who use excessive doses of anabolic steroids and testosterone result in mood disorders, anxiety, depression, etc.
- Severe diseases – the excessive doses of anabolic steroids and testosterone cause disturbing changes in the cholesterol levels, risk of vascular and heart diseases, apoplexy and heart infarct, as well as risk of diabetes.
Many men feel lower sex drive as they grew old. Testosterone - the hormone that boosts the sexual desire has its peak at 30 years of age. In addition to the aging, several other situations cause lowered testosterone such as pituitary disorders, cancer treatment, injury to the testicles, inflammatory diseases. Depression, stress and anxiety also result in low sex drive. And here come the testosterone supplements.
The low testosterone is a problem among men nowadays and that is why the testosterone replacement therapy is among the best methods to reverse that condition. There is a wide range of supplements that users can take, but not all boosters are effective and safe. Thus athletes should read and carefully select the testosterone supplements they want to use.
The testosterone supplements are helpful for any sportsman, since the high testosterone levels contribute to gaining muscle mass and increasing the strength, speed, and endurance. They should be aware however that the minimum age to start taking these supplements is 20 years of age as there is imbalance in the male sex hormones in younger men and the use of boosters before that age can lead to hormonal disorders. Testosterone boosters should be taken by men between 30 and 40 years of age and even older, as they will be most efficient.
The testosterone booster pills are quite suitable for post cycle therapy. Once completing a steroid hormones cycle, the athlete should take testosterone boosters for one month to get rid of the steroid side effects and return to the normal testosterone levels. The testosterone booster pills are effective from up to 8 hours and to keep the testosterone levels high during the entire day, one needs multiple doses of 3-4 times daily for the body to normalize the testosterone synthesis. Naturally, breaks are also required for the best work of the body’s own hormone production.